Saturday, February 7, 2009

Man, I'm good!

This past week I went up to Huntsville to visit with my family. While I was up there my mom asked if I would take down the dreaded wallpaper in her dining room.
Let me tell you, this was no ordinary wallpaper. The homeowners who put it up must have spent a pretty penny on it. It was fancy wallpaper!

I started my project Sunday afternoon around 4:00. Believe me by the end of the first night I only had two walls done and I was asking myself what I had gotten in to.
The next morning I pushed ahead and finished taking all the wallpaper down. Now my next task was repairing the drywall that was not primed before they put the wallpaper up.

After getting the walls as smooth as I could I primed the walls. Some of the spots I maybe could have gotten smoother, but I was so worried that I was not going to have enough time. I was stressed about leaving my mom's house a wreck. Not only was the dinning room torn up, but her kitchen was covered with all the china, glasses and all the other misc. stuff we had pulled out of her cabinets and buffet. Having all that stuff strewed out only added to my stress.



On the third day I managed to smooth the walls and put the first coat of paint on. WHEWW!!!

The fourth and final morning I put on the second coat. My mother came home at lunch and the house was still a disaster. As soon as she went back to work I hustled and cleaned up the ENTIRE house. I put all the stuff in the kitchen up and even cleaned rooms that I didn't even touch. She was AMAZED when she got home. On her way home she stopped and picked out some carpet that will be installed in a few day's.

Needless to say, when I left on Thursday morning I was so relieved that I had finished it. I am exhausted!!!




3 comments:

jlindsey said...

You are good! You didn't even mention my closet or the kids room...so glad we got to see you!

Anonymous said...

You are good!! I can't believe how much you got done, you are so fast and do a perfect job. I can't thank you enough, I would have still been talking about it and how I could possibly get it done. I love you and thank you. Mom

Unknown said...

Please come visit me next. I need lots of help too. Oh and we would love to see you...miss you sis.