Thursday, October 23, 2008

Hunting in the Delta




Jeff and I have been getting to do something that we really enjoy this time of year. We ride in our little skiff up to the delta to do some wild pig hunting. The delta is just north of downtown Mobile. It is so beautiful up there and hard to believe your right by the city. We were able to go on Tuesday and were on some pigs less than five minutes after getting up there. You have to be really quite and listen hard. Right now there is still a lot of foliage so it can be hard to get a good view of them. The first ones we came up on never came out in to a clearing so we kept on. We rode down another creek and not long after we came across more. Jeff pulled the boat up to the bank and got out. After a few very quite minutes he shot one. It was the perfect size (115 lbs gutted). I know this might be hard for some people to read, but Jeff and I do not let the pig go to waste. I took some pictures up there so hopefully you can get the idea of what its like. Believe me, if anyone went up there they would love it too. I know I do.






This is a Bald Eagles nest on top of a power line.




2 comments:

Carolyn said...

Looks like fun! You always have the best time...what a great life...keep on enjoying it!!!! Love you!!

Anonymous said...

Do you think you can catch another when I am down visiting at Thanksgiving? I would like that. Mom